Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Anonymous jewelz said...

WHY I LOVE BUTCHES
I love the existence of silences I find, and their mystery.

I love the ways the butch lovers I have had are emotionally and psychologically different from me.

I love their aggression. I want to channel it. It feeds me, and gives me energy.

There is nothing in the world like taking their aggression into me.

I love that it comes in strong, and that my body can transform it into something soft and full of relief.


I like resistance.

I like being overpowered. It relieves me.

I love difference and pushing up against something different, something with a harder stance.

I live for the very moments drive breaks into tenderness.

My drive meets my lovers drive in just the right way. We fit.

I love having my body and my heart be the vehicle that changes my lover’s mood.

I cherish the tenderness butches show me.. . a kind of tenderness that they can’t/or won’t necessarily bring to most of the rest of the world.

I like being a necessity.

I like that my playfulness, and sexuality, can bring them out, turn them on and turn them around.

I adore them for working-- to turn me on.

I like fitting our pieces together-- physically, emotionally, intellectually and psychologically-- to make sense of the world.

I like that they [my aggressive lovers] understand dynamics of power that are different from mine, and that mine are different from theirs.

I respect their armor, and their shells.

I like feeling safe and protected by them.

I like that I will let their comfort in and that I can fall back on it and land.

I like the trust we build.

I like that the roles we have complement each other and deepen our definitions of ourselves.

I like bringing out and discovering the ways we each more deeply inhabit our roles.

I like shaking off our roles and surprising ourselves and each other.

I like that it is safe to do that with someone who understands and respects me.

I like that the ways that we do that are our own secret.

I love they way bois, and butch women, work to polish traits (a gaze, a way they nod), manners, objects of use and things, tangible things (a pocketknife, a set of keys, a wallet), that define them. Talismans of their gender.

I like that they will allow, and privilege me, with a certain kind of vulnerability that they won’t let the rest of the world see.

I like that they have made a study of the ways to please my body, and they are masters at that. The best in the world.

I like feeling small and malleable.

I like that they make me feel powerful.

I love them for their generosity to me, sexually.

And I love them for their needs...

July 14, 2009 9:09 AM

Posted by jewelz


1 comment:

  1. Wow, that was beautiful! Your butch must be so happy!

    Sally -aka the butch next door

    ReplyDelete